Stateside for Thursday, February 5, 2015
Today on Stateside:
- Sen. Stabenow discusses the one-year anniversary of the U.S. Farm Bill and what can be expected with the New International Trade Crossing between Michigan and Canada.
- Counties and townships in Michigan don't have the authority to regulate oil and gas drilling. We talk with Keith Matheny from the Detroit Free Press about how those governments are trying the use the tools they do have.
- Lynn Fairchild talks to us about the federal program Experience Works that helps people 55 and older find jobs.
- Clinical professor of Management and Organizations at U of M's Ross School of Business Jeff DeGraff discusses how standards and efficiency can stifle innovation.
- Michigan Radio sports commentator John U. Bacon tells us his take on the Super Bowl and how the NFL needs to improve.
- University of Michigan physician and medical historian Dr. Howard Markel is a fan of Sinclair Lewis’ Pulitzer Prize winning novel Arrowsmith, and he describes the book’s historic ties to Michigan.