Stateside for Thursday, March 5, 2015
Today on Stateside:
- U.S. Sen. Gary Peters discusses working with members from across the aisle on the two bills he has co-signed.
- Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes tells us about his recent column on Toyota’s inclusion of more North Americans in high-level positions.
- Detroiter Gloria Mills has organized a trip to Selma, Alabama this weekend to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the clash between Alabama State troopers and civil rights marchers known as Bloody Sunday.
- We talk to a shipwreck hunter and a shipwreck survivor who will be speaking at the 34th Great Lakes Shipwreck Festival.
- Sport commentator John U. Bacon tells us about Michigan and Michigan State’s chances in the NCAA tournament.
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Rich Studley on why the chamber has chosen to stay neutral on the roads proposal.
- The Next Idea covers the role civility plays in allowing Michigan to grow.