Stateside for Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Today on Stateside:
- The Coalition for the Future of Detroit Schoolchildren released its recommendations for how to improve the district’s fractured system. We discuss the proposed changes with co-chair Tonya Allen.
- Teacher Chandra Polasek describes how she believes the state can keep good teachers in Michigan.
- We talk to the founder of and an instructor from The Equity Project charter school in New York City about teacher compensation as part of our Learning to Teach series.
- Associate professor at the Education Policy Center at Michigan State University Joshua Cowen tells us how much teacher compensation matters, and how it’s more than money, but an acknowledgement of teacher’s skills.
- It’s the 20th annual frog and toad survey where volunteers help the DNR track the ups and downs of our frog and toad species. We take a look, and listen, at the different species that can be found in Michigan.