Stateside for Thursday, April 2, 2015
Today on Stateside:
- It’s Just Politics duo Rick Pluta and Zoe Clark discuss Gov. Rick Snyder’s declaration that he would veto a Michigan Religious Freedom Restoration Act if it’s sent to his desk by the Legislature.
- Michigan Radio sports commentator John U. Bacon tells us what to watch for during the Michigan football spring game and Michigan State basketball’s final four game.
- Chancellor of the Wayne County Community College District, Dr. Curtis Ivery, discusses his new book Black Fatherhood: Reclaiming Our Legacy that he co-authored with his son, Marcus.
- 94-year-old WWII veteran Frank Quinlan tells us how he received his high school diploma after 70 years and what he plans to do next.
- Detroit News columnist Daniel Howes discusses Dan Gilbert’s newest property purchase downtown.
- Dean of the School of Education at the University of Michigan Deborah Loewenberg Ball talks about how to improve teacher quality and preparation for The Next Idea.