Stateside for Thursday, April 9, 2015
Today on Stateside:
- U.S. Rep. Debbie Dingell, D-Michigan, discusses the bill she is sponsoring that would allow people to refinance their student loans.
- This week marks the 50th anniversary of the Palm Sunday tornado outbreak that killed 53 Michigan residents. We look back at the tragedy and how tornado warnings have improved.
- A group of 43 students disappeared in Mexico last year under suspicious circumstances. Now a group of their parents and supporters are visiting two Michigan cities to raise U.S. awareness and support.
- Owners Bill and Susan Braymer of Laurentide Winery in Lake Leelanau, Michigan, discuss how to improve Michigan’s wine industry for The Next Idea.
- Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes discusses his rare interview with University of Michigan benefactor and Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross.
- Larry Gant, professor at the School of Social Work and School of Art & Design at the University of Michigan, discusses previous attempts to bring fast, fiber optic Internet to Detroit, and what the newest business to attempt it should avoid.