Stateside for Feb. 24, 2016
- Mayor Mike Duggan spelled out his vision for Detroit in his annual state of the city address last night. Detroit Free Press columnist Rochelle Riley shares her thoughts about the speech.
An interview with Rochelle Riley.
- A special joint committee made up of six state House and state Senate members has been formed. Their task? To look into the cause of and response to the Flint water crisis. Michigan Radio's Lansing Bureau Chief Rick Pluta explains.
An interview with Rick Pluta.
- Critics fear a pair of bills working their way through Lansing could destroy historic districts in Michigan. Andrea Brown from the Michigan Association of Planning sheds some light on the legislation.
- Detroiter Jevona Watson talks about the Motor City Match program and her motivation for opening a coffee shop in her neighborhood.
- We meet the Michigan-born Marine who ran seven marathons in seven days on seven continents. Yes, you read that right.