Stateside travels to Grand Rapids for live show on Thursday, May 3
Michigan Radio’s daily talk show, Stateside, hosted by Cynthia Canty, will travel to Grand Rapids on Thursday, May 3, for a special live show beginning at 7:00 PM. The Grand Rapids show will be taped live at Celebration Cinema North, 2121 Celebration Dr NE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49525
The West Michigan-focused show will feature a variety of topics:
- The legacy of the 1967 riots in Grand Rapids. The uprising in Detroit gets most of the attention, but there was unrest in West Michigan's largest city as well.
- As part of our Artisan of Michigan series, Lester Graham will introduce listeners to a West Michigan broom squire.
- We’ll hear about what's happening at Innovation Central High School, a collection of four academies that focus on project-based learning, talent development, and career readiness.
- Crowns of Courage is an organization whose goal is to empower women cancer patients through photography and Henna tattoo art.
- Live music from Grand Rapids artist, electric upright bassist Ian Thompson
This show will be recorded in front of a live audience with segments from the show broadcast in the upcoming weeks. Admission to the show is free but space is limited so advance reservations are suggested. Tickets can be reserved here.
Several times per year, Stateside travels to different locations across the state for live shows. Previous Stateside Live shows have taken place in East Lansing, Flint, Detroit, Traverse City, as well as Grand Rapids in Spring, 2015.