Stateside: COVID in Western UP; farm worker photo series; Wayne County canvass kerfuffle
Today on Stateside, as COVID surges across the state, we talk to a healthcare administrator about the situation in the Upper Peninsula. Plus, a photo project focusing on the people who harvest the the food we put on our tables. And, a look into the wild ride that was the Wayne County vote certification last night.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below
In Western UP, as goes Wisconsin, so goes Michigan’s COVID spike
- Cathryn Beer is a health officer and administrator for the Western U.P. Health Department
- Eric Bouwens is a clinical physician and photographer living in Grand Rapids
- Max Johnton is a reporter for Interlochen Public Radio
Stalemate on Wayne County certification broken by tidal wave of public comment
- Jonathan Kinlock is a member of the Wayne County Board of Canvassers
- Chris Thomas is the former long-time state Elections Director. He worked with Wayne County this election.