There’s been a lot of news about the amount of plastic debris in the oceans. But plastic pollution is also affecting the Great Lakes. A study out of the Rochester Institute of Technology estimates 22 million pounds of plastic debris enters the Great Lakes from the U.S. and Canada each year.
Weekdays at 3 and 9 p.m.
News Headlines from NPR
- What Goes Up Must Come Down — Including A Giant Chinese Rocket Plunging Toward Earth
- Grand Jury Indicts Puerto Rican Boxer Félix Verdejo In Death Of Pregnant Lover
- A Remote Work Revolution Is Underway — But Not For Everyone
- Goodwill Doesn't Want Your Broken Toaster
- 'New Era In Resettlement': U.S. Refugee Advocates Count On More Community-Based Help
- How Systemic Racism Continues To Determine Black Health And Wealth In Chicago