Stateside: Biden in MI; Detroit arts advocate Ismael Ahmed; LGBTQ comedians
Today on Stateside, Joe Biden visits Traverse City to promote a message of reopening and renewal. Also, arts leader Ismael Ahmed talks about his appointment to a national arts advisory board and the need for more federal funding for the arts. Plus, two Michigan stand-up comics talk to us about the ways being queer prepares you for a comedy career.
Listen to the full show or find individual segments below.
POTUS stops in MI on his “America’s Back Together Tour”
- Zoe Clark is Michigan Radio's program director.
One of Metro Detroit’s strongest arts boosters takes his advocacy to the national stage
- Ismael Ahmed is a member of the National Council of the Arts, founder of the Concert of Colors annual music festival in Detroit, and host of This Island Earth on WDET.
- Lester Graham is a reporter at Michigan Radio and co-author of Cheers to Michigan: A Celebration of Cocktail Culture and Craft Distillers.
- Tammy Coxen is a mixologist and co-author of Cheers to Michigan: A Celebration of Cocktail Culture and Craft Distillers.
- Joe Aasim is a Detroit comic and host of comedy show Neapolitan Ice Cream.
- Diana Graham is a comic from Michigan.