Stateside: Ford reveals electric F-150; Biden’s visit met with protests; trumpeter swans' comeback
Today on Stateside, President Joe Biden visited Michigan on Tuesday to tour the Ford that will produce the new all-electric F-150 Lightning. Large crowds of protesters in Dearborn wanted to draw attention to something else though: Biden’s handling of the violence between Hamas and Israel in the Gaza Strip. Plus, we’ll talk about how Michigan’s native trumpeter swan went from nearly extinct to a conservation success story.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
How Ford’s new all-electric truck ties into Biden’s infrastructure, climate plans
- Michelle Krebs is senior director of automotive relations for Cox Automotive and executive analyst for Autotrader.
- Mike Martinez is a reporter for Automotive News. You can find some of his recent reporting here.
Why some Asian Americans are living with fear during the pandemic
- Melissa May Borja is a lead researcher on the Virulent Hate Project and an assistant professor in the Department of American Culture at the University of Michigan.
- This segment originally aired on February 24, 2021.
- Sara DePew-Bäby is the avian caretaker at the W.K. Kellogg Biological Station Bird Sanctuary at Michigan State University.
- Caroline Llanes is a reporter with Michigan Radio.