Stateside: restrictive voting bills; pandemic grocery changes; teacher turnover increasing
Today on Stateside, we dive into a Republican effort to tighten up election laws in Michigan. Plus, the Michigan classrooms where teachers come, teachers go, and students miss out. And we check in with a grocer about what it’s been like for him and the store during the pandemic.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Election experts say Republican bills will restrict votes, not help them get counted
- Mark Brewer is a longtime elections attorney and Democratic strategist
Remember the toliet paper shortage? How one gocery store is doing more than a year into the pandemic
- Chris Faulkner is a manager at Foods for Living in East Lansing
Shortage of EMTs makes ripples in emergency services
- Taylor Wizner is a reporter for Interlochen Public Radio
Pandemic compounds Michigan's problems with teacher turnover
- Koby Levin is a reporter for Chalkbeat Detroit
- Owen Bondono teaches English Language Arts at Oak Park Freshman Institute