Stateside: COVID-19 testing in schools; monarch butterfly decline; WMU president on fall semester
Today on Stateside, the role of mandatory testing in keeping school communities safer amid the spread of the delta variant. First to Los Angeles, where the public school system is testing everyone, then to Western Michigan University, which has opted for mandating tests for the unvaccinated. Plus, MSU researchers get new insight on the plight of the monarch butterfly.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Los Angeles public schools mandates COVID testing. Here’s what they’ve learned so far.
- Howard Blume is an education reporter for the Los Angeles Times.
WMU President on COVID policy, and massive anonymous donation
- Dr. Edward Montgomery is president of Western Michigan University.
Climate change now driving factor in monarch butterfly decline, says MSU study
- Erin Zylstra is a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Integrative Biology at Michigan State University.
- Lester Graham is a reporter at Michigan Radio and co-author of Cheers to Michigan: A Celebration of Cocktail Culture and Craft Distillers.
- Tammy Coxen is a mixologist and co-author of Cheers to Michigan: A Celebration of Cocktail Culture and Craft Distillers.