Stateside: Education spending; energy future; cooking with pawpaw
Today on Stateside, Michigan schools get access to piles of money for COVID relief. Also, mapping a path for the state’s transition to clean energy. And a look into Michigan’s solar metering law. Plus, the many ways to prepare an underappreciated Midwestern fruit.
[Get Stateside on your phone: subscribe on Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts today.]
Michigan schools are sitting on piles of COVID relief cash. What will they do with it?
Stateside's conversation with Tracie Mauriello
- Tracie Mauriello is an education reporter with Chalkbeat Detroit and Bridge Michigan.
Moving Michigan to a greener grid
Stateside's conversation with Douglas Jester
- Douglas Jester is a managing partner with 5 Lakes Energy.
How Michigan’s solar metering law is working out
Stateside's conversation with Dan Scripps and Charlotte Jameson
- Dan Scripps is chair of Michigan Public Service Commission and a former state lawmaker.
- Charlotte Jameson is director of the Citizens Utility Board of Michigan and program director of the Michigan Environmental Council.
Foragers’ delight: New pawpaw cookbook for the native fruit
Stateside's conversation with Sara Bir
- Sara Bir is a chef and author of The Pocket Pawpaw Cookbook.