Stateside: Proposed mental health system changes; Detroit’s wailing wall; Canada to reopen border
Today on Stateside, a partial border opening has Michiganders with Canadian ties packing their bags. Also, reforms to a tangled mental health system. And, we revisit the history of the wall that cut through a northwest Detroit neighborhood, with the explicit intent of keeping Black residents out.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
- Amy Miller is a former host at WDET.
The embodiment of racist housing policy, Detroit’s Birwood Wall becomes a vault for memories
- Erin Einhorn is a national reporter for NBC Digital based in Detroit.
- Olivia Lewis is a reporter for Bridge Detroit.
- Find Erin and Olivia's piece on the Birwood Wall here.
GOP lawmakers and advocates at odds over reforms to public mental health system
- Robin Erb is a reporter on health issues for Bridge Michigan.
Mark Reinstein is a mental health consultant and former president and CEO of the Mental Health Association in Michigan.