Stateside: Rep. Levin on detained journalist; Beaver Island radio show; third grade reading scores
Today on Stateside, Rep. Andy Levin talks about the effort to get Michigan journalist Danny Fenster out of a Myannmar prison after more than 100 days in captivity. Then, a new study reveals lower learning levels during the pandemic. Plus, two musicians send out a radio love letter to Michigan music fans during the months of social isolation.
Listen to the full show above or find individual interviews below.
- Andy Levin is the U.S. Representative for Michigan's 9th Congressional District.
- Steve Girbach co-hosts “Songs from the Trail.”
- Jackson Smith co-hosts “Songs from the Trail.”
- Katharine Strunk is a professor of education policy at Michigan State University’s College of Education, and director of the Education Policy Innovation Collaborative (EPIC).
- Tammy Coxen is the founder of Tammy’s Tastings and co-author of Cheers to Michigan: A Celebration of Cocktail Culture and Craft.
- Lester Graham is a reporter at Michigan Radio and co-author of Cheers to Michigan: A Celebration of Cocktail Culture and Craft.