Stateside: Union rift over Medicare for All; death of the comment section; the race for MI's 8th
Today on Stateside, Michigan is under the microscope this election year. We talk to a POLITICO reporter about why the state could play a key role in the rift among labor unions over Medicare for All. Plus, we talk to the hosts of Michigan Radio’s new political podcast. It focuses on a competitive congressional district where Republicans are hoping to hold onto the gains of 2016.
Listen to the full show above or find individual conversations below.
- Ian Kullgren is a reporter on POLITICO’s employment and immigration team.
Covering a Michigan swing district from the primary to the presidential election
- Kate Wells and Tyler Scott host the Michigan Radio podcast The Eighth.
What to know about the 19 separated immigrant children in Michigan
- Susan Reed is managing attorney for the Michigan Immigrant Rights Center.
Roundup: Dems in Michigan, MLive axes comment section, roads and bridges crumbling
- Nancy Kaffer is a columnist for the Detroit Free Press.
- Bill Nowling is with the Detroit office of the strategic communications firm Lambert.
- Michigan Radio’s Lester Graham and Tammy Coxen of Tammy’s Tastings bring us another Cheers! cocktail with a Michigan twist.