Stateside: Spiraling COVID rates; Tunde Olaniran new music; Rep. Tlaib advice to Congress
Today on Stateside, COVID-19 cases continue to rise throughout the state. We check in with an Upper Peninsula health department about the outbreak’s impact in the area. Also, U.S. Representative Rashida Tlaib (D-13th) on Election Day results and the needs of her district. Plus, new music from a Flint singer-songwriter and musician.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Amid spiraling COVID rates, no new actions for public safety
- Kerry Ott is the Public Information Officer for the LMAS District Health Department in the Upper Peninsula.
- Lester Graham is a reporter for Michigan Radio.
Flint musician Tunde Olaniran on the creative process in a moment of social upheaval and change
- Tunde Olaniran is a singer-songwriter based in Flint. Their new single, “WDWHI,” was released November 13.
- Support for arts and culture coverage comes in part from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.
- Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib is a Democrat representing the 13th District in the U.S. House of Representatives.