Stateside: Whitmer budget; no COVID help for undocumented immigrants; history of masks
Today, on Stateside, a new state budget paves the way into another uncertain year. Also, a discussion about how undocumented immigrants have been shut out of federal aid during the pandemic.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Gov Whitmer’s releases proposed 2021-22 budget, largest in Michigan history
- Rick Pluta is the Michigan Public Radio Network's Lansing bureau chief.
- Stephanie Chang (D-Detroit) is a Michigan state senator.
- Charo Ledon is a co-founder of Buenos Vecinos, a volunteer-led group in Washtenaw County helping undocumented immigrants.
A brief history of masks in medicine
- Dr. Howard Markel is a medical historian and director of the Center for the History of Medicine at University of Michigan.
How Michigan-based Pfizer plans to ramp up production of the COVID vaccine
- Elizabeth Weise is a reporter for USA Today. You can read her latest reporting on the Pfizer vaccine here.