Stateside: Primary doctors and COVID vaccines; kid podcaster; pandemic's toll on youth mental health
Today on Stateside, what is the role of primary care doctors in Michigan’s vaccination plan? Plus, one family talks to us about starting a podcast during the pandemic. And, some advice for adults trying to help kids through the mental health challenges of the moment.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
The potential role of general practitioners in vaccine administration
- Dr. Bobby Mukkamala is president of the Michigan State Medical Society and a phsycian.
The family that podcasts together, stays together
- Joziah Jason is a 5th grader from Ypsilanti and host of the podcast “READ books with Joziah”
- Keith Jason is Joziah's father
- JaVon Jason is Joziah's mother
How to help kids cope with pandemic stress and the return to school
- Erin Hunter is the interim director of the University Center for the Child and Family at the University of Michigan.