Flint Police Dept says it can't find nearly 2 dozen firearms
The Flint Police Department is missing dozens of firearms.
The department says it can’t find 22 firearms. An inventory completed last month showed the missing shotguns and hand guns.
That’s on top of 17 firearms the police department says have been stolen from the department since 1996.
The currently unaccounted for firearms are as follows:
(29) Shotguns – 8 reported stolen, 21 reported missing (no documentation as to when FPD received these weapons which were manufactured in the early 1980’s)
(1) M3 .45 SMG – reported missing (issued to FPD in 1959)
(4) Smith & Wesson 9mm handguns – all reported stolen
(4) Sig Saur 9mm handguns – all reported stolen
(1) M&P .45 caliber handgun – reported stolen
Prior to this year, the Flint Police Department did not have a mandated procedure in place to keep an inventory of the departments weapons.