Stateside for Thursday, Jan. 7, 2016
- We look at Michigan's history of militias. Could what's happened in Oregon happen in Michigan? Amy Cooter, faculty member in Vanderbilt University's Sociology Department did field work with the Michigan Militia as part of her dissertation research. She joins us to talk about Michigan's militia scene.
- Pure Michigan is undertaking a new campaign: to sell itself and what it's done with the taxpayer dollars that pay for all of those Pure Michigan commercials. Lindsay VanHulle of Bridge and Crain's Detroit Business updates us on the Pure Michigan campaign.
- A Detroit-bred DJ is bringing a Motor City sound to airwaves in Iraq. Kurt Nagl joins us to talk about DJ Noor Matti.
- Daniel Howes with the Detroit News joins us to talk about the string of misfires from Lansing including Flint's water crisis, resignations, and apologies.
Listen to our interview with Daniel Howes.
- On the Next Idea we look at where to find the truly ground breaking innovations that could change Michigan.