Stateside for Thursday, March 3, 2016
- Looking ahead to tonight's GOP debate in Detroit, we talk with Senior Policy Fellow at Public Sector Consultants, Ken Sikkema, and Susan Demas, editor and publisher of Inside Michigan Politics.
- A company called Plains All American Pipeline wants the State Department to update usage permits on their 98-year old pipes that run under the St Clair River. We talk with environmental attorney Liz Kirkwood, executive director of FLOW: For Love of Water.
- Detroit Community Technology Project is helping to connect Detroit neighborhoods into the digital world by building Internet access and digital literacy. On The Next Idea we talk with Diana Nucera with Allied Media Projects, and director of the Detroit Digital Stewards program, Cliff Samuels.
- Wayne County Executive Warren Evans delivers a balanced budget. We talk with Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes about the encouraging financial news coming out of Wayne County.
- Rep. Tom Barrett, R-Potterville, an Iraq war veteran, is co-launching an initiative to improve the way Michigan treats its veterans.