Stateside: Grand Traverse Co. gun debacle; new music from Chris DuPont; inland lake ice cover
Today on Stateside, a collision in Grand Traverse County between the region’s gun culture, and a growing awareness of how firearms inform public debate. Also, how Michigan’s winter recreational culture is weathering a warmer climate.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Grand Traverse County Commission meetings go haywire over brandished rifle
- Max Johnston is the assignment editor for Interlochen Public Radio.
A perfect storm of changes influences new album by Chris DuPont
- Chris DuPont is a Michigan musician. His new album is called Floodplains.
Decades of data finds marked decline in ice cover on Michigan’s inland lakes
- Lester Graham is a reporter at Michigan Radio.
“We are blessed” says world champion ice fisher and proud Michigander
- Myron Gilbert lives in Brooklyn, Michigan and is a member of the U.S. World Ice Fishing Team.
Without a white winter wonderland, tourism industry loses out on greenbacks
- Dan Wanschura is Interlochen Public Radio’s Morning Edition host and broadcast director.