Stateside: FBI’s failures to investigate Nassar; Encore Musical Theatre; Flint poet Semaj Brown
Today on Stateside, a new report outlines how the FBI failured to investigate Larry Nasser. Also, one theater company in Dexter on taking risks during the lockdown and finally getting back onstage. Plus, poet Semaj Brown on the power of introducing people to writing.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
IG finds FBI failed to mitigate threat Larry Nassar posed, mishandled investigation
- Lindsey Smith is a Michigan Radio investigative reporter and was co-host of the Peabody-award-winning podcast Believed about the Nassar conviction.
Encore! A Dexter theatre company retakes the stage post-pandemic
- Dan Cooney is the co-founder and artistic director of the Encore Musical Theatre Company and a professional Broadway actor.
- David Moan is a current cast member at the Encore and professional actor.
Flint poet Semaj Brown awarded an American Academy of Poets grant
- Semaj Brown is Flint-area’s first Poet Laureate and an author, playwright, educator and dramatist.
- Support for arts and culture coverage on Stateside comes in part from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.