Stateside for Monday, June 16, 2014
Here's what we talked about on Stateside today:
- State lawmakers say "yes" to the MEAP and "no" to the Smarter Balanced Assessment tests in Michigan school. What happens for students next year?
- Just the way students end their school year with a report card, so should our elected representatives be measured in how effectively they tackled issues important to Michigan. Detroit Free Press Lansing Bureau reporter Kathy Gray breaks it all down for us in terms of pass, fail, or incomplete.
- Stateside’s Emily Fox reports from the Upper Peninsula to see if the region has what it takes to develop a new wine region in the state.
- With soccer, there's a lot of credence put into national identities and how teams play. But our guest Andy Markovits challenges us to think differently.
- Stateside’s Kyle Norris talks about stories she heard when she asked this question, “Do you have a song that saved your life?”
- Also, a Michigan traveler describes her 1,000-mile Great Lakes island adventure.
*Listen to full show above.