Stateside for Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Today on Stateside:
- When you think about big cities, Detroit for example, you probably don't first think of trees or green infrastructure. Today we heard lessons from Milwaukee in building a strong urban forest.
- It’s that time: the season for political campaigning and ceaseless robocalls. We talked to Aaron Foss whose company is busy finding ways to fight off political robocalls.
- A Detroit-bred author joined us and talked about his crime story Motor City Burning set in the 1967 Detroit riot.
- Cherries! Sweet corn! Lavender? Yes. Lavender! It's blooming up North. We got a smell as we were joined by the owner of the largest commercial lavender farm in Michigan.
- Michigan Radio’s Kyle Norris brought us the story of how a Michigan teen discovered his passion for sculpting. Check out his work at the Michigan Radio Picture Project.
*Listen to the full show above.