Stateside for Monday, Sept. 15, 2014
Today on Stateside:
- The DIA director reacted to Detroit creditor Syncora's settlement with the city.
- As Michigan businesses complain they can't find workers with the skills they need, is there another side to this "skills gap?"
- Do you love the online quest for a sweet deal on airfare or hotel room? You may be wasting your time.
- According to a new study, more than half of the birds in the U.S. will be forced to find a new place to live because of climate change. We found out what that means for birds in Michigan.
- Health insurers and healthcare.gov are now gearing up for year two of the Affordable Care Act. We talked to director of the Center for Healthcare Research and Transformation at the University of Michigan about what’s at stake.
- We found out how the idea for the Aeron chairs sold by the Herman Miller Company of West Michigan came about.
* Listen to the full show above.