Stateside for Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2014
Today on Stateside:
- A Congressional report blistered the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration over ignition defects in GM vehicles.
- We looked at tax increment financing (TIFs): public dollars used with few questions asked.
- We met the MSU professor leading the quest for a better potato.
- We discovered how Detroit's techno music scene is winning fans around the world.
- We asked the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality what Michigan is doing to protect our drinking water against cyanobacteria.
- Next year will mark the 100th anniversary of the genocide of up to a million and half Armenians by the Ottoman Empire. We asked a University of Michigan professor how the actions of 100 years ago are being felt in 2014.
* Listen to the full show above.