Stateside for Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2014
Today on Stateside
- Announcement of a new downtown arena for the Detroit Red Wings brought a flood of news stories, but we may not always ask the right questions. We found out why local media struggle when covering new stadium construction.
- A debate in Michigan's Senate race is now in the planning stages.
- We learned what's behind a growing grassroots movement to get the pope to visit Detroit in 2015.
- We met the captain of the No.1-ranked team at the University of Michigan: Women's cross country.
- A project team in Lapeer, Michigan, has a mission to make the downtown area more attractive, with decorated benches.
- We learned about Louis Kamper, the gifted architect who helped Detroit earn a reputation as the "Paris of the West".
*Listen to the full show above.