Stateside for Monday, March 2, 2015
Today on Stateside:
- As the debate over gun rights and regulations continues across the country, Michigan is seeing a surge in women with concealed pistol licenses.
- The city of Battle Creek was in the CBS spotlight last night. Battle Creek police chief Jim Blocker joined us to talk about the new TV show Battle Creek.
- Writer & publisher Bill Haney has crossed paths with some fascinating Michiganders. He writes about them in his new book, What They Were Thinking: Reflections of Michigan Difference-Makers.
- Can Detroit be a "Design Mecca?" Michigan has a higher concentration of industrial designers than any other state.
- Men are vanishing from the workplaces of America and certainly here in Michigan. That group of men aged 25-to-54 who are not working has more than tripled since the last 1960s.