Stateside for Wednesday, March 11th, 2015
Today on Stateside:
- Mlive.com reporter Jonathan Oosting joins us to talk about "Plan B," an alternate to the May ballot proposal to increase road funding.
- The co-author of a new study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, Raymond DeVries discusses why it’s important for biobanks to explain where donations are going.
- Detroit Institute of Arts Director Graham Beal talks about the DIA’s big exhibition opening Sunday: Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo in Detroit.
- Stateside’s Mercedes Mejia brings back an audio postcard from El Barzon, a restaurant in Detroit cooking in the spirit of Frida Kahlo.
- Ironworker Richard Demara is with us to explain what it was like to help build the Mackinac Bridge, and what it’s like to look out from the bridge’s highest point.
- Executive director of Women on 20s Susan Ades Stone talks about the motivation behind and goals of the campaign.
- University of Michigan professor of psychology Ethan Kross and Michigan Radio's social media producer Kimberly Springer talk about the implications of using Facebook on our daily lives.