Stateside for Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Today on Stateside:
- Voters in Flint could have to write in the name of their next mayor, after most candidates failed to get their petitions in on time.
- We hear the latest on the Trans-Pacific Partnership – the proposed trade deal among the U.S., Canada, and 10 nations in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The life and legacy of African-American poet and publisher Dudley Randall, who founded Broadside Press.
- A new app hopes to turn smartphone users into "citizen scientists," protecting Michigan from invasive species.
- This week marks the 70th anniversary of V-E Day – the end of the war in Europe. We talk to one Michigan man whose father filed firsthand reports from the scene of Germany's surrender.