Stateside, Thursday, May 7, 2015
Today on Stateside:
- Gov. Rick Snyder put everything he had into Proposal 1 and voters smacked it down. Now what? Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes has some thoughts.
- It's fair to say the public transportation system in Detroit is struggling. City leaders have continued to push for more buses on the streets but they haven't met their goals. Michigan Radio’s Lester Graham reports.
- The deer herd in the Upper Peninsula has dropped to levels not seen for some 30 years. Interlochen Public Radio’s Peter Payette reports.
- Saxophonist Marcus Elliot talks about his latest album and Detroit's jazz scene.
- Michigan Radio sports commentator John U. Bacon talks about the new report on "Deflategate," Mike Babcock’s future, and Harbaugh's heading into the heart of the SEC for camp.
- Our latest Next Idea contributors Khalil Ligon and Dara O'Byrne discuss ideas for Detroit neighborhoods.