Stateside for Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Today on Stateside:
- What do voters think of Gov. Rick Snyder’s plan to overhaul public education in Detroit?
- Chris Benson is getting ready to retire after serving almost 20 years as a tour guide at the state Capitol.
- The poetry of Tarfia Faizullah gives a voice to hundreds of thousands of Bangladeshi women who were raped during the that country's Liberation War.
- A new report from the Government Accountability Office shows federal grant money is being lost in Detroit and Flint, as well as Camden, New Jersey, and Stockton, California as those cities lose city employees after austerity cuts.
- Gang members, like everyone it seems, are increasingly using social media. But what are they using it for? A new study sheds some light on this question.