Stateside for Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Today on Stateside:
- Struggling Benton Harbor schools land an $18 million grant. But then the school board decided in a special meeting that they would forfeit the grant, at least for next year. Michigan Radio’s Lindsey Smith explains.
- Presidential candidates keep hopping on the bandwagon. But it seems Michigan voters are looking, and mostly not liking what they see. Detroit News Lansing reporter Chad Livengood is here to tell us more.
- From The Business of Bees: An Oakland County chef installs thousands of bees at his restaurant.
- A new documentary tells of the murder of a young transgender Detroit woman.
- Top-selling author Brad Meltzer talks former presidents, books, his time at the University of Michigan, and librarians.