Stateside for Thursday, June 18, 2015
Today on Stateside:
* As Detroit gets back up on its feet following the bankruptcy, we've seen the development action centered on downtown. Now a developer is stepping up to put ideas and dollars into a west-side Detroit neighborhood.
* Bargainers for the UAW and Detroit automakers will get down to brass tacks next month. Detroit News business columnist Daniel Howes previews the talks between the UAW and Detroit automakers. Talks start next month.
* One honeybee enthusiast is hoping the city of Ypsilanti gets designated as “Bee City USA."
* A story about transitions as one Detroiter learns to play the harp and to start living her truth.
* The list of presidential hopefuls is growing each week, and polling shows here in Michigan – and across the country – voters are unimpressed.