Stateside for Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2015
Today on Stateside:
- Canadian voters chose the leader of Canada's Liberal Party as their new prime minister. Dr. Lydia Miljan joins us to talk about the liberal triumph.
- For nearly four decades, Paul McCartney's famed Epiphone Texan has sported a Red Wings decal, all thanks to Clinton Township's Mike Kudzia.
- Kathryn Curtis is hoping to use plantable coloring books to raise awareness of the problem of water security in Brazil.
- Flint Eastwood's new EP Small Victories is out this week. Bandleader Jax Anderson talks with us about Assemble Sound, Detroit musicians, and losing her mother.
- The Rotary Club of Toledo is hosting a Lake Erie crisis conference this weekend to determine how to take down the algae blooms spreading across the lake.
- Could one solution to the world's food issues be found in the basement of an old Detroit store? Anthony Hatinger thinks the answer is an emphatic yes.