Stateside for Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2015
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will be watching over the State of Michigan's shoulder to make sure our drinking water is safe. Flint's Democratic Congressman Dan Kildee joined us today to talk about the EPA's audit.
- Nearly five decades after fighting as an infantryman in Vietnam, Tim Keenan of Traverse City realized it was time to go back to Vietnam. The result is a documentary called Naneek.
- One way to observe this Veterans Day would be hearing vets from Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, and World War II telling their stories. One of the veterans who will be on stage tonight, sharing his story, is Vietnam combat veteran Lawrence Dolph.
- In 1996, Dorynell Thompson was arrested and charged with conspiracy to deliver crack cocaine. He was sentenced to 25 years in federal prison. He ultimately served 17 years before being paroled. Thompson tells us how he made the most of his early release.
How one former federal inmate made the most of his early release.
- The Grand Rapids based band Bennett is releasing their second EP Friday called A Moment’s Time. Michigan Radio’s Emily Fox has this music review.