Stateside for Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2015
- Enbridge has made promises to keep the aging Line 5 oil pipeline in the Straits of Mackinac maintained and said it's got an emergency response team in place, but there's a complicating factor no one can control: big, turbulent waves.
- Serena Daniels, author of "12 Reasons Why Everyone Should Marry a Michigander" and many other homages to Michigan natives, explains what makes Michiganders so special and the reason she thinks we love to read about it.20151208_SS_MarryaMichigander.mp3Our conversation with Serena Daniels
- Text abbreviations like "LOL" and "JK" seem to be an increasingly prevalent part of written correspondence. Are they making communication more efficient, or just making it harder to do so clearly?
- George Shirley, emeritus professor at the University of Michigan School of Music, Dance and Theatre, recently received the National Medal of Arts from President Obama.
- Frank Kelley is a man of the people and a true public servant. Jack Lessenberry co-wrote the book that tells his story, The People's Lawyer: The Life and Times of Frank J. Kelley, the Nation's Longest-Serving Attorney General.