Stateside for Thursday, Dec. 17, 2015
- Rick Pluta and Jake Neher join us to talk about new legislation heading to Gov. Rick Snyder's desk that would, among other things, put an end to straight-ticket voting in Michigan.
- Are you already sick of the same old Christmas tunes? Emily Fox tells us about an MSU Jazz professor's new album that combines jazz, soul, and Creole music into a fresh holiday mix.
- It's pretty clear why Michigan is frequently called "the Mitten State," but just when did we start using the nickname?
- Tamar Charney chimes in toextol the virtues of winter kayaking.
- The Cobo Center has a new pair of big, electronic billboards, but Daniel Howes tells us their advertising options are limited by a decades-old federal law.
- Jeff DeGraff sits down with us to talk about what worked and what didn't this past year in the realms of business, community, and politics.