Stateside for Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2016
- Flint's Democratic Senator Jim Ananich and Republican Senate Majority Leader ArlanMeekhof give their reaction to last night's State of the State speech.
- Chia Morgan is a social worker, parent, and a lifelong Flint resident. Morgan attended Gov. Rick Snyder’s State of the State address last night, and she did not hear what she wanted to hear.
- For weeks, Detroit teachers have been using rolling sickouts to help focus attention on the crushing challenges they face in the classroom. Marnina Falk tells us more about what she and her fellow teachers say they want and need from Lansing.
- Wayne State University has received a $7.5 million gift from Detroit philanthropist Gretchen Valade to transform the university’s programming, teaching, and scholarship in jazz performance and education. Chris Collins explains how one big donation will elevate Detroit's jazz scene for years to come.
- With national attention, the story of the Flint water crisis has impacted many outside of the state. Including Cher. She tells us why she felt compelled to donate thousands of bottles of water to Flint and why she hopes other stars take action.