Stateside for Monday, February 15, 2016
- Thousands of newly-released documents prove how state bureaucrats shrugged off worries about the Legionnaires' outbreak in Flint. A team of Detroit News reporters, including Chad Livengood, dug through this latest document dump.
An interview with Chad Livengood
- Many of us have seen the heartbreaking scenes and photos from the Syrian refugee crisis and wondered: how can I help? There are plenty of charities to donate to and even ways to help here in Michigan, but Detroit-based entrepreneur Razi Jafri took it a step further.
- There are lingering fears that nothing will be the same in Flint. But maybe things shouldn’t be the same. Our latest contributor to The Next Idea wonders: What if there is a better way for Flint and other cities to harvest and deliver life-enhancing water?
- Michigan Radio’s sports commentator John U. Bacon looks at the Red Wings/Bruins game at the Joe, and all the rest of the weekend sports news.
An interview with John U. Bacon
- The Detroit City Football Club needs a new home. And they want that new home to be Keyworth Stadium in the heart of Hamtramck. So, the DCFC has launched what they believe is the largest community-financed development project in Michigan history.