Stateside for Friday, Feb. 26, 2016
- Michigan Governor Rick Snyder's office released another 2,528 pages of emails regarding the Flint water crisis. Chad Livengood of The Detroit News joined us to talk about what he found in the documents.
An interview with Chad Livengood.
- Laurel Scholten is caring for thousands of chrysalides in anticipation of the annual Fred & Dorothy Fichter Butterflies Are Blooming exhibition opening March 1.
An interview with Meijer Gardens' “resident butterfly expert.”
- Representative Lisa Lyons, R-Alto, says her bill to limit what local governments can say about ballot proposals will work.
- This winter a lot of sled dog races have had to cancel because of not enough snow. That’s happening more often. Chris Mahar of the Mid-Union Sled Haulers explains how the sport has changed.
- Stateside’s Mercedes Mejia has a review of Detroit’s Gosh Pith's second EP, Gold Chain.
- This episode of Cheers to the Weekend, Michigan features a cocktail created by a Michigan native, Jason Schiffer.
- We’re going to be featuring Michigan Radio reporters and editors who are covering Flint every Friday to pull back the curtain on how we're covering this fast-moving, complex story. First up: Who's in charge? Mark Brush has been wondering that and he wrote a lengthy expose that explores that question.