Stateside for Thursday, March 10, 2016
- Will this year's warm March weather threaten Michigan produce like it did in 2012?
- The Kalamazoo Nature Center built its preschool using UV-reflective glass to help prevent bird strikes.
- A new smartphone app seeks to bring sexual health and life skill information to young people by "meeting [them] where they are."
- Ann Arbor musician Chris Buhalis has released an album years after an accident that almost left him unable to play.
- According to Daniel Howes, the "political circus" has the wrong idea about Detroit's auto comeback.
- Back in the '60s, the Kerner Commission introduced a plan to help end racial discrimination in Detroit and across the nation. It was ignored by policymakers.
- Bill McGraw from Bridge Magazine joins us to discuss empowerment of African Americans during the Civil Rights movement and today.20160310_SS_DJCBlackDetroit.mp3Our conversation with Bill McGraw