Stateside: The Detroit-Zimbabwe jit connection, your questions on Michigan’s marijuana future
On today’s Stateside, we answer your questions about what happens if Michigan voters legalize recreational marijuana. And, the story of broadcast executive and former Detroit Tigers owner John Fetzer’s exploration of new-age spiritual movements.
Hear the full show above or find individual stories below.
Schuette shifts on Healthy Michigan, Whitmer says “no tax” pledge foolish
Stateside's conversation with Zach Gorchow, editor at Gongwer News Service
- Zach Gorchow, editor at Gongwer News Service, recaps the latest developments in Michigan’s gubernatorial race.
What to expect if Michigan voters legalize recreational weed
Stateside's conversation with Michigan Radio reporter Steve Carmody
- Michigan Radio reporter Steve Carmody answers listener questions about the future of recreational marijuana in the state.
In Detroit and Zimbabwe, a shared love of jit
Stateside’s conversation with artist Chido Johnson and Detroit dancer Haleem “Stringz” Rasul
- Chido Johnson, co-founder of the Zimbabwe Cultural Centre of Detroit, and Detroit jit dancer Haleem “Stringz” Rasul, talk about the JIT Exchange – a collaboration exploring the culture of jit in both Detroit and Zimbabwe.
- The JIT Exchange hosts a performance that combines influences of Detroit and Zimbabwe jit Thursday at 7p.m. at the University of Michigan Museum of Art. You can find details on the show here.
Howes: The economy is roaring right now, but will it last?
Stateside’s conversation with Detroit News columnist Daniel Howes
- Detroit News columnist Daniel Howes talks about who deserves credit for the country’s economic boom, and how uncertainty over trade could undo the progress made.
The new-age spiritual journey of a former Detroit Tigers owner
Stateside's conversation with Western Michigan University professor Brian Wilson
- Brian Wilson, professor of American religious history at Western Michigan University, talks about former Detroit Tigers owner John Fetzer’s exploration of spiritual movements.
- Wilson will be doing a tour for his book “John E. Fetzer and the Quest for the New Age” with stops in Kalamazoo and Petoskey. You can find more information about that here.
(Subscribe to the Stateside podcast on iTunes Google Play , or with this RSS link)