Stateside: Absentee ballot debate continues; what record shops are spinning; road bonds explained
Today on Stateside, a bill to give local clerks a head start on absentee ballot counting has hit a wall in the Legislature. We'll hear from one clerk who's going back to the drawing board. Plus, a conversation with the owner of an Ann Arbor record store owner about the albums he's listening to and loving right now.
Listen to the full show above or find individual conversations below.
As clerks warn of absentee ballot delays, MI Senate leadership takes wait-and-see approach
- Riley Beggin covers politics for Bridge Michigan.
- Justin Roebuck is the Ottawa County Clerk.
- Jim Dwyer is the co-owner of Encore Records.
Expert: Bonds offer short-term funding for a problem that needs long-term solutions
- Stephanie Leiser is an expert in public finance and a lecturer at the University of Michigan's Ford School of Public Policy.
How Stateside got its groove: The making of our new theme song
- Kendall Tucker is an Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti native who performs under the name 14KT.