Stateside: Michigan Dems roll out primary endorsements; challenges for farmers; DIA renewal millage
Today on Stateside, as the remaining presidential contenders make for Michigan, can Bernie Sanders repeat his success of 2016 in Tuesday’s primary? Or will Joe Biden close the sale with voters he's connected with in the past? Plus, a renewal millage to fund the Detroit Institute of Arts is on the ballot in three counties. Some Detroit residents think the museum has taken attention away from more pressing challenges in the city.
Listen above for the full show or find individual conversations below.
Roundup: Michigan candidate endorsements, RIP Art Van, Sen. Lucido’s punishment
- Matt Resch is a public relations consultant in Lansing, and worked in former Governor John Engler's administration.
- Greg Bowens is a public relations consultant in Detroit, and a former communications director under former Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer.
Trade, climate, coronavirus: Michigan farmers face obstacles in both the short and longterm
- Chuck Lippstreu is president of the Michigan Agri-Business Association.
As DIA asks for a renewal millage, some residents feel the museum hasn’t shared the burden of city bankruptcy
- Monica Lewis Patrick is a community activist and a resident of Detroit.
- Mary Kramer is a Detroit resident and a member of the board of the Detroit Institute of the Arts.