Stateside: Voter enthusiasm in Detroit; working the polls; open-carry on Election Day
Today on Stateside, we talk about Detroit voters and what turnout looks like in the Motor City. Plus, a conversation with the Sheriff of Livingston County about Secretary Benson’s order against firearms at the polls.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Voter enthusiasm in Detroit in 2020 elections
- Sarah Cwiek is a reporter with Michigan Radio
Tumultuous year frames Black voters’ journey to the polls in Detroit
- Candice Fortman is the Executive Director of Outlier Media.
Michigan Voters Vow to Cast Ballots In Person Despite Pandemic
- Quinn Klinefelter is a reporter for WDET
- You can read his reporting on the subject here.
SOS Benson wants to ban open carry at polling places. This sheriff says that doesn’t need to happen.
- Michael Murphy is the Sheriff of Livingston County