Stateside: Lt. Gov. Gilchrist on Election Day preparedness; capturing Michigan’s Latinx vote
Today on Stateside, we talk about how ready state officials and local clerks are for Election Day. Also, we'll hear about the issues shaping Latino voters’ opinions on the 2020 presidential race.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Despite unprecedented election circumstances, Ingham Co. clerk still expects a smooth, timely vote count
- Barb Byrum is the clerk for Ingham County.
Is the state ready for Election Day? LG Garlin Gilchrist says yes.
- Garlin Gilchrist is the lieutenant governor of Michigan.
- Michelle Jokisch Polo is a reporter with WKAR.
A new generation of Latinx voters in Michigan considers its election options
- Sergio Cira-Reyes is a community organizer in West Michigan.
- Angela Ocampo is an assistant professor in the Department of Political Science at the University of Michigan.